Detailed Program Overview
What is Short-Term Rehabilitation at Cadabam’s?
Psychiatric illnesses can strike anyone, from the young to the old. In many cases, with early diagnosis and effective treatment individuals can manage their disorder at home. But, in some cases, individuals will need specialized care in dedicated facilities. Major psychiatric illnesses like schizophrenia, depression, and more require intensive rehabilitation to ensure effective recovery and reintegration into society.
Psychiatric Rehabilitation is the process of helping individuals return to societal functioning and normal living. The nature of psychiatric illnesses is such that it completely impairs daily functioning and living necessitating effective rehabilitation.
Cadabam’s offers short-term rehabilitation programs for individuals who are fighting psychiatric illnesses. This program is client-based, personalized, and integrates the individual’s family into the recovery process. The goal of the short-term rehabilitation program at Cadabam’s is to help individuals develop the skills and coping mechanisms necessary to be successful and live a satisfying life in society.
What does the program involve?
The program involves multiple different steps that aid recovery. These include:
- It begins with detailed profiling of the client and an assessment of their condition. During this period, the individual participates in multiple one-on-one individual sessions with our multidisciplinary team. This includes our consultant psychiatrist, clinical psychologist, family therapists, and counselors. During this period, the professionals help the individual understand the nature of the disorder.
- The next step is when the individual slowly starts participating in group activities. These group therapies can include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivation Enhancement Therapy, Reel Therapy, Guided Imagery, Therapeutic Yoga, Art and Movement Therapy, and Music Therapy. These group therapies help the individual rebuild their social skills, and help them build healthy coping mechanisms against their disorder.
- Individuals, through this program, start recovering from the symptoms of their disorder through these multiple therapies and sessions. The program also involves the individual's families in the recovery process helps them rebuild their relationships and helps families understand the adaptations they need to make to ensure that their loved ones can function once they return to society.
How does this program ensure effective and sustainable recovery?
- The program goes beyond just providing temporary relief from symptoms to help a person learn how to manage the symptoms more effectively.
- It is a structured program with proven benefits. It has been perfected over 3 decades now.
- With planned leisure activities that aid in recovery, this program helps a person remain engaged through their stay at rehabilitation.
- The program ensures the individual receives continued care and psychosocial support.
- With an aim at societal reintegration, the program focuses on building self-esteem within a person to help them cope with daily life.
- With constant monitoring and assessments, progress is monitored by the professionals to ensure the individual is always on their route to recovery.
- We also offer specialized post-rehabilitation care and support for individuals and the families.